8 MUST-HAVE ITEMS FOR WINTER TRIP

Hai guys.
Have you read my latest blog? :)

Today I will tell you a tips and 8 must-have items for your winter trip.
This tips is basically from my experience before.
Or perhaps this is more especially if you want to go to Hokkaido.

I visited Hokkaido on January 12th, 2017. This is the coldest month in the winter season.
You can experience the temperature from 0℃ until -10℃.
It's okay, because this is the first time I'm travelling in winter and I want to experience a snow :D
I mean, if you go to Tokyo in winter, you not gonna find the snow, Mt. Fuji and Osaka probably.

First thing first, If this the first time you're going to go to Hokkaido in winter, the one and only tips is don't spend your money for buying winter stuff in your country. Such as winter jacket, gloves, scarf, and winter shoes.
This is for some countries where don't have a cold winter season. It must be expensive, because you don't have winter season and don't wear it anymore if you don't do travel in winter again.
Of course the price is cheaper if you buy in Hokkaido. Trust me.

If you want to travel in winter, just pack what you really need.
Here's some advise for stay a week or two. In my case, 12 nights.
1. Shirt or long shirt.
    You just need to bring some clothes for layering and sleep. 4 is enough. Don't bring a lot of shirt because you will wearing it everyday. Just wash it and wear it again.
2. Pants
    Maybe two or three pairs. Or 1 more for sleep, I prefer joggers pants. I knew that every apartment or hotel has electric heating in the room, but it will keep you warm and sleep tight.
Trust me, you will need a very good sleep.

Sleep with this joggers pants


3. Jacket
    You don't need to bring so many jacket, just one piece beside the winter jacket. Because it's useless if you go to snow winter season except if you travel to tokyo or osaka after that. Like I did.
4. Sweater
    Two or three sweaters enough. Just for changing your style. You need to stay fashionable right? Me either 😝
5. Knit scarf of wool snood, and beanie.
6. Termal underware and heattech.
7. Waterproof winter jacket.
8. Waterproof shoes.
9. Waterproof gloves of leather gloves.
10. Wool socks.
11. Moisturizer.
12. Lipbalm.
13. Medicine pills.
      Safety first, please don't forget to bring your flu pills. My body is one of the stronger because I don't get any flu or ill, but we have different body right?!

Noted from me : Number 1-5 and 13, just bring what you have. Number 6-12, I suggest you to buy in Hokkaido. It's cheaper than I bought in my country, Indonesia.
Trust me, don't make the same mistake like I did.

Okay, this is the most important things among all of this.

8 MUST-HAVE ITEMS FOR WINTER TRIP 
You will definitely need this!

1. Heattech and Termal Underware

    This is the most important, because the regular shirt is not helping for warmer body. This is a must have item for base layer underneath your sweater or long shirt. Go to uniqlo, they even had a store in airport and station.
2. Waterproof Winter Jacket
    You can find a lot of winter jackets for woman in every store. You should go to Sapporo Station, there is a lot of store. I suggested you the waterproof jacket. It's more convenient because of the snow. It's a little difficult to find jacket for men, unlike a women. You have to go to Shopping mall in Sapporo and Odori for looking Man winter jacket.
Or you can just go to uniqlo, or H&M. Choose the parachute one, because it's light. And it's very important from my experience. Light jacket make your body not too tired, because you will wear it all day. Uniqlo Winter Jacket Price is around ¥6.000.

My husband trying his new Uniqlo winter jacket
It's okay if the photo only showing my face right? 😜


Okay it's not fair
Here's my husband wearing Uniqlo winter jacket


3. Waterproof shoes
    Snow boots is a must! The right boots will make you easy to walk in the snow. And there is so many light waterproof boots in Sapporo with cheap price, especially for women. You can't buy one, Because there's a lot of cute and cool winter shoes hahaha
Women winter shoes price is around ¥2.500 - ¥10.000 depent on the Brand. Cheap right???
If I know this, I wouldn't bought a new leather shoes for my winter trip.

It is Tanukikoji Shooping Arcade, located in Odori
One of the shooping place you should see


One of the shoes store
Be confuse, cause there is a lot of shoes
that will make you wanna shooping all day :))


My husband bought this shoes
Columbia Waterproof Winter Shoes price is ¥6.000


4. Waterproof leather gloves
    You can find so many waterproof leather gloves in Sapporo or touch screen compatible fabric. It makes you easier to open your touchscreen phone on the outside. I go to Sapporo station and found it everywhere.
Waterproof gloves price is around ¥500 - ¥3.000.
Btw I'm not using waterproof gloves, too late for buying. I've lot of list waiting to buy hahahaha 😂

I found this cutie waterproof gloves at Otaru
(Why do I not know this? 😭)
Sorry for blurry photo.


5. Knit scarf or wool snood and Beanie.
    It will keep your face, ears and neck warm. And definitely stylist. Don't forget!
Trust me, when the wind blows, your face is the first thing to get cold and dry. I'm using veil, so I don't need this one. But you should.
If you already had this stuff that's good, but if not, go to the daiso or another ¥100 shop and take whatever you want. It's cheap.
6. Pair of Wool socks
    You don't need to wear double socks, it makes your feets heavier to walk. Just go to the Daiso or ¥100 store, and buy one or two wool socks. It's cheap and good stuff.
So basically The daiso is ¥100 shop. But some product had a different price. Like knit gloves touchscreen or waterproof gloves touchscreen compatible. But the price still reasonable in my opinion.

the Daiso Sapporo Central



L-R; Wool socks (black and maroon), Knit gloves, Knit gloves touchscreen.


7. Moisturizer
    Like I said, the weather and the wind in winter makes your face dry. It's not good. Because it makes your skin sick. Don't do this. Love your skin please.
Apply it before you put on your makeup, and applying again after your skin dry because of the weather. And don't forget to apply it before you go to sleep, that's the best time for your skin to feel the vitamin.
There's a lot of moisturizer product in Japan. They had some products with 50++ spf, the price is around ¥1.000 - ¥3.000.

I'm used this
Made in Indonesia 100% Virgin Coconut Oil
THE BEST!


8. Lipbalm
    I'm using nivea, and it's amazing tho. Or perhaps you already had one :) after you eat or every 3/4 hours, wear it again.
If you don't have any lipbalm or lip butter, that's okay. You will find so many lip balm in everywhere. Drug store, 7 eleven, Lawson, Family mart, Daiso, ect. I forgot to check the price, but it is cheap.

Nivea Lip Butter
Best!
My lips save and sound 😁


That's it. My 8 must-have items for Winter trip based on my experience.
You really really need this items in order to safe and happy in outdoor. Because, when your whole body freezing, you can't think straight and can't really enjoy the scenery tho.
It is unfortunate for your holiday. You want to enjoy and take a picture the scenery on the outdoor right?

My top layers at temperature -3℃ until -7℃
Termal underware + heattech + 1 layers long shirt + Sweater + Denim Jacket
2 layers wool gloves


I think you will need 2 layers shirt beside termal underware and heattech if you're about going out with the temperature -3℃ or more. Like I did before, I'm wearing 3 or 4 layers depents on the temperature.
But some people choose to wearing 2 layers heattech than regular shirt, because it's more convenient. Maybe you can trying that too.

If you won't to wear 3 or 4 layers, I suggest you to buy Heatpack. You can find it in every drug store, or mini market (7eleven, family mart, lawson), or Daiso. Just put that heat pack in your heattech shirt and voila, It's warm.

Heat pack for body



You will find the warmer hand too in daiso. If you only need to keep your fingers warm.

Heat pack for hand


They said, heat pack it's really hot and don't stick in your skin directly, it is danger. It will burn your skin. But in Indonesia, we had KOYO CABE 😂😂😂 which is directly stick to your skin and really really hot.
And from my experience, if you're going outside with the temperature 0℃ until -10℃, you can't really feel this heat pack. I think because the weather is too cold for this items hahaha

And done.
I hope my tips can be your guide to keep you safety and happy in the snow.
Happy holiday guys :)


xoxo
Annisajosei


Comments

  1. Very well discussed & nice products. Below some links to interesting winter products.

    Heated gloves
    Heated Raynaud's gloves
    Heated riding gilet
    Heated Gilet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, for such a great post. I have tried and found it really helpful. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post.
    A funtastic read
    Click here
    Read more info

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Messy Thankyou so much for the attention. So happy that I can gave so many information :) Have a great day

      Delete
  3. Calfskin is a multipurpose and sharp regular material cheap leather jackets. You can follow the given tips for washing cowhide coats:

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts